The Library Leadership and Management Association advances outstanding leadership and management practices in library and information services by encouraging and nurturing individual excellence in current and aspiring library leaders. Since its establishment in 1957, LLAMA has been a catalyst in the development of leadership in the library and information science field. Attuned to ever-changing technological, economic, political, and cultural conditions, LLAMA equips library professionals with dynamic tools for building vibrant library services and successful careers.
University of California -
The work of LLAMA is largely carried out by its eight sections. Here you'll find opportunities to connect with people of similar interests, exchange ideas, collaborate on projects, publish research, mentor future leaders, and develop your management skills:
- The Buildings and Equipment Section (BES) is the meeting place for librarians, trustees, architects, and consultants engaged in building and renovating library facilities.
- The Fund Raising and Financial Development Section (FRFDS) gathers those who work to grow financial resources for their organizations, enhancing their libraries’ success.
- The Human Resources Section (HRS) promotes dialogue about trends in staff recruitment, development and retention.
- Professionals wishing to immerse themselves in organizational and management theory and best practices applied to libraries will find a home in the Library Organization and Management Section (LOMS).
- The Measurement, Assessment and Evaluation Section (MAES) explores the practical applications of collecting data that improve libraries.
- LLAMA's newest section, the New Professionals Section (NPS) helps new professionals gain the leadership and management skills they need as they lead from where they are and move into influential roles.
- The Public Relations and Marketing Section (PRMS) stimulates creativity and rewards excellence in promoting organizations and programs to the public.
- Access services library workers and technical services staff will find the Systems and Services Section (SASS) a great place to network and discuss issues and innovations in systems administration.
Education programs, both at ALA conferences and online offer excellent opportunities for learning and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Educational programs offer opportunities for learning and discussion on cutting-edge issues and developments in the library world.
- Outstanding preconferences and institutes give intensive training by experts in topics central to library management and administration Recent topics include fundraising, managing libraries in times of crisis and the joy of publishing.
LLAMA’s numerous publications give practical guidance and stimulating analysis.
- Library Leadership & Management, our quarterly online magazine, contains high-quality, practical articles to help today’s supervisors and managers with their administrative challenges.
- Publications written by experienced and learned library professionals on a range of subjects including our most recent publications, Outstanding Library Public Relations: 60 Years of the John Cotton Dana Award , and New Supervisors in Technical Services: A Management Guide Using Checklists.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact us at 1-800-545-2433, ext.5032; at email@example.com; or at 50 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611.