LLAMA Human Resources Community of Practice
The Human Resources community exercises responsibility for general personnel administration in all types of libraries. Illustrative of the fields of interest are the recruitment and promotion of able people to positions at all levels of library service, certification of librarians, fair employment practices, equal employment opportunities, classification and pay plans, in-service training of all professional and nonprofessional workers (including those at supervisory levels), principles of tenure and intellectual freedom, personnel administration, relations between libraries and pertinent municipal and educational agencies, staff management, ethics, personnel measurement and guidance, and staff welfare programs, including all types of benefits. This community is concerned with general personnel administration information, education, techniques, theories, practices, guidance materials, and research; it is not responsible for those specific but related duties of other ALA units.
- Executive Committee - Charge and Roster
- Career Institute Planning Committee - Charge and Roster
- Human Resources Management Committee - Charge and Roster
- Leadership Skills Committee - Charge and Roster
- Nominating Committee - Charge and Roster
- Staff Development Committee - Charge and Roster
- Emerging Trends Discussion Group - Charge and Roster
The LLAMA volunteer form for 2017-2019 will open in Spring 2017.
Join the Conversation
Conferences and Events
Human Resources Community at the 2017 Annual Conference
- Information Available in Spring 2017
ALA Annual and Midwinter Conferences