LLAMA New Professionals Section
The New Professionals Section helps LIS students and new professionals gain the leadership and management skills they need as they lead from where they are and move into influential roles. Further, NPS promotes existing programs in LLAMA and ALA that fall in line with this mission; if it's already happening, we are happy to connect people with those opportunities. NPS also collaborates with groups across ALA to foster an atmosphere of leadership throughout the Association and our collective circles of influence.
NEW!!! - Check out the awesome NPS Toolkit - a curated collection of resources including blogs, blog posts, books, articles, webinars, and more, focusing on areas of interest to LIS students, new professionals, and librarians looking to move into a leadership role.
Did you miss the "NPS 101" Webinar? Not to worry - you can access the recording here! The webinar introduced attendees to both LLAMA and NPS, including an overview of NPS, its genesis and structure, and what its current teams are working on.
- History - Leadership and the LLAMA New Professionals Section: An Interview with Tyler Dzuba
- NPS Leadership and Teams
- Library Leadership & Management Association (LLAMA)
- Podcast - NEW! - "Break Room Chats" covers issues of leadership and management for new LIS professionals
- NPS Toolkit - a curated collection of leadership and management resources.
- Job Search - ALA JobList
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Conference Resources
- Publishing Opportunities
- Awards, Grants & Scholarships