LLAMA New Professionals Section
The New Professionals Section helps LIS students and new professionals gain the leadership and management skills they need as they lead from where they are and move into influential roles. Further, NPS promotes existing programs in LLAMA and ALA that fall in line with this mission; if it's already happening, we are happy to connect people with those opportunities. NPS also collaborates with groups across ALA to foster an atmosphere of leadership throughout the Association and our collective circles of influence.
- Podcast: "Break Room Chats" covers issues of leadership and management for new LIS professionals
- What issues would you like to hear more about? Take the survey here.
- NPS Toolkit: a curated collection of leadership and management resources.
- What resources would you like to see added? Submit content here.
- Buddy Program (coming soon!)
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Tentative Agenda for 4/15/2016 Meeting
- Job Posting: Assessment and Community Engagement Librarian Position
- LLAMA MAES Hot Topics in Assessment Discussion Group - Summary of Midwinter 2015 discussion
- Learning from our members: An MAE Approach
- CUNY Assessment Conference
- LLAMA MAES Midwinter Discussion Group - Why Aren’t We Doing Assessment: How to Overcome Obstacles
- Call for proposals
- Library Assessment Conference 2012
- MAES Executive Committee Meeting in Anaheim
- Let the Data Talk: Communicating Assessment Results to Stakeholders
- Leadership and the LLAMA New Professionals Section: An Interview with Tyler Dzuba, inaugural chair
- NPS 101 Webinar: Introduction to both LLAMA and NPS; overview of NPS, its genesis and structure, and what the teams were working on at the time of recording
- NPS Leadership and Teams
- LLAMA Membership Benefits/How to Join
- Volunteer for NPS teams/committees