LHRT events at ALA Annual Conference 2019.
- June 22nd (Saturday) at noon: Tour of the Folger Shakespeare Library with an emphasis on the library's history. There is a limit of 40 people on the tour - sign up here -- we still have plenty of space.
- June 23rd (Sunday):
- 8:30 - 10:00 am, Marriott Marquis, Room Salon 14. Executive Committee Meeting. Open to all; only EC members may vote. This is a good way to learn about LHRT governance.
- 10:30 - 11:30 am: Washington Convention Center, Room 154A-B. President's Program. "Through the Looking Glass: the Wonderland of archival footage." An exciting behind-the-scenes discussion of the Oscar-nominated and award-winning director and producers of "Free for all: Inside the Public Library," also showing at ALA.
- 2:30 - 3:30 pm: LHRT Research Forum, Walls, Wells, or Welcomes: Libraries in the Lives of Immigrants, Old and New Marriott Marquis, Room Treasury
- Mr. Eric Novotny (Pennsylvania State University, Pattee & Paterno Library) – “Historical Responses to Immigration: Using New Technology to Explore Old Questions”
- Dr. Ana Ndumu and Ms. C. Kimmi Ramnine (University of Maryland iSchool) – “Libraries and the Americanization Crusade: A Biographical and Critical Study of John Foster Carr”
LHRT encourages research and publication on library history and promotes awareness and discussion of historical issues in librarianship.
LHRT New and Notes: https://lhrtnews.wordpress.com
LHRT on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LibHistRoundTable/