We primarily review books and electronic resources appropriate for libraries that serve students at the undergraduate level, including community colleges. We also selectively review graduate level materials when they have value for advanced undergraduates or honor students. Strictly professional works are excluded, as are foreign-language materials and most reprints and undergraduate textbooks.
Due to the high volume of materials received, Choice is able to review only 25 to 30 percent of the titles submitted. All reviewing decisions are based on an examination of the finished book or electronic product. Choice does not pay for materials submitted for review. All materials submitted become the property of Choice and will not be returned.
Publishers wishing to have their materials considered for review should read our Selection Policy as well as the following guidelines.
We request the following when submitting materials to be considered for review:
- Please send only finished copies of books or full versions of electronic media, in both Windows and Macintosh formats (if applicable). We do not review from galleys, uncorrected proofs, or PDFs.
- For each title please include publication date, distributor information, price, and ISBN. No review will be published without a price in U.S. dollars.
- When a book appears simultaneously in hardcover and paper, we prefer the hardcover copy.
- For Internet publications, please provide the information noted above as well as contact information and procedures for obtaining a password to access the material.
- Please send review copies as soon as they are available. We review current materials only.
Publishers will be sent copies of reviews upon publication.
We would appreciate receiving your seasonal catalogs and prepublication announcements. Our editors frequently request review copies based on these descriptive materials.
All review materials should be addressed to:
575 Main St., Suite 300
Middletown, CT 06457-3445
Choice also publishes eleven lists per year of Forthcoming Titles where publishers may list new and soon-to-be-released print and electronic publications.
Choice OAT Seals
Show off your "Oustanding Academic Title" book and electronic resources by using the CHOICE seals! A supply of these seals is enclosed with your letter announcing this year's winners. You may also order extra quantities of the seals for $0.50 per seal, plus $7.50 shipping and handling. Large orders will be shipped directly from our supplier, so please allow extra time for these seals to reach you. (Rush orders available for an additional shipping fee.) See the OAT Seals Order Form.
Choice reviews may be reproduced by permission only. A permission fee may apply. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.