Community of Practice: Human Resources
Displaying active committee roster as of 01/17/2018. Last retrieved on 01/17/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Propose a yearly webinar or presentation at Annual
- Periodic development of publications, media materials, or workshops
Expected Time Commitment:
- Eight hours per year in either virtual meetings or at ALA conferences
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience or interest in library staff development, needs assessment, goals and objectives, policy statements, responsibilities of staff development personnel, program design, successful learning activities, supervision and management skills, and evaluation techniques
- The committee membership will be representative of all types of libraries.
- Some program planning experience preferred, but not required
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- Community leaders
- ALA Connect