Ethnic & Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table (EMIERT)
To join our EMIE Listserv please click on the link below and then on subscribe:
Call for Nominations for the David Cohen Multicultural Award
Nominations are open now through December 1, 2015 for this award. The David Cohen/EMIERT Multicultural Award recognizes recent articles that include significant new research related to the understanding and promotion of multiculturalism in libraries in North America. Works published within the last two years preceding the award application deadline shall be eligible to receive the award.
The form and criteria can be found at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/1796145.
EMIERT Call for Proposals for ALA Annual 2016
The Ethnic Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table (EMIERT) invites proposals for ALA Annual to be held in Orlando, Florida from June 23 to 28, 2016. Of interest are proposals that offer innovative perspectives on diversity initiatives, grant writing, mentoring, partnerships, services to target populations, preserving cultural memory, and more.
Proposals will be accepted online through Friday, October 23, 2015. Guidelines for Proposals The topic of the panel program or session is open, but EMIERT encourages proposals that highlight diversity and multiculturalism. EMIERT encourages members of EMIERT to submit proposals for sponsorship as they receive preference. Sponsorship is EMIERT’s commitment to fund the audiovisual costs of the program.
Proposals should consist of:
● A panel/program description of 100-150 words and title
● Names of participants and their professional affiliation
● Four subject areas that will help to categorize the program
● Three program objectives that describe what attendees will learn
● Audiovisual equipment required for the presentation (LCD projector, microphone, etc.)
● If the program proposal has been submitted for sponsorship or co-sponsorship by another ALA unit, please provide the name of this unit
● 2 preferred dates and times for scheduling on Saturday, June 25 or Sunday, June 26, 2016 Proposals will be accepted online until 11:59 pm ET on Friday, October 23, 2015.
EMIERT on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/4228493543/
EMIERT on Twitter https://twitter.com/ALA_EMIERT
Volunteer Form for EMIERT Committees
If you are interested in a two year term on an EMIERT committee, please fill out the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GPushNoAQD31qX5kHOdg_pl-2AzSYZnB_6VYRt5o4HE/viewform
- Typically new Committee and Task Force appointments are made in the spring and begin at the end of ALA Annual. However, this year there are several openings on the committees so please let us know if you would like to be involved.
- For a list of current committees and task forces please see: http://www.ala.org/emiert/emiertpeople
- Feel free to add a committee or task force to the volunteer form, if the choice is not already there.
Posted on July 31, 2015 | 12:20 pm
Posted on February 6, 2015 | 12:55 pm
Posted on January 29, 2014 | 11:49 am
Posted on October 5, 2013 | 8:06 am
Posted on August 21, 2013 | 3:25 pm
Posted on June 19, 2015 | 12:13 pm
Posted on May 5, 2015 | 10:56 am
Posted on April 15, 2015 | 10:43 am
Posted on February 2, 2015 | 8:30 am
Posted on February 2, 2015 | 8:25 am