The Young Adult Services Symposium is open to everyone, not just YALSA members.
Programs will cover the entire spectrum of topics related to providing services for and with young adults. Session content is focused around key issues in YALSA's recent report.
The symposium will take place in Memphis, TN, November 1 -3, 2019, at the Sheraton with a theme of: Show Up and Advocate: Supporting Teens in the Face of Adversity
As advocates for teens, how do we show our support and push for social change in our communities? How does access to library resources, services, and activities help teens overcome adversity in their lives? How do staff create more inclusive and welcoming teen spaces where adolescents are free to express themselves, learn, and grow? What literature do we promote and what programming do we offer to engage teens and encourage them to take leadership roles in their communities?
Want updates about the symposium? Sign up to receive updates here.
Questions? Contact Nichole O'Connor at 312.280.4387 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Memphis, November 1-3, 2019
- Salt Lake City, November 2-4, 2018, (visit the web site)
- Louisville, KY, November 3 -5, 2017, (visit the web site)
- Pittsburgh, PA, November 4-6, 2016 (visit the web site)
- Portland, OR, November 6-8, 2015 (visit the web site)
- Austin, TX, November 14-16, 2014
- St. Louis, MO, November 2-4, 2012
- Albuquerque, NM, November 5-7, 2010
- Nashville, TN, November 7-9, 2008
YALSA’s Young Adult Services Symposium Stipend enables two qualified recipients to attend YALSA's annual YA Services Symposium, which will be held in Memphis, TN, November 1-3, 2019.
Each stipend offers up to $1,000: one to a library worker who works directly with young adults, with at least one year of experience; the second is to a student enrolled in an ALA or NCATE accredited library program (you must be a graduate student as of November 2, 2018) with a focus on serving young adults in a library setting.