Charge: This joint committee will identify, develop, promote and disseminate information on effective cooperative or collaborative projects that link schools and public libraries.
- Maintain and update the resources that have been compiled on the ALSC website
- Develop training workshops and/or programs on cooperative or collaborative projects and present them at conferences, institutes, online, and for other organizations serving youth
- Detail findings in articles, books, blogs, etc. for division publications
- Update the School/Public Library Collaboration Toolkit as needed
The chair of the committee will rotate among the three divisions as follows:
- 2018-19, chair will be a member of YALSA, appointed by the YALSA president-elect
2019-20, chair will be a member of AASL, appointed by the AASL president-elect
- 2020-21, chair will be a member of ALSC, appointed by the YALSA president-elect
Subsequent years will continue the same rotation.
- Current membership in YALSA
- In order to accomplish year-round work in a virtual environment, committee members must be competent users of digital tools, including but not limited to Google docs, Skype, and ALA Connect.
- Experience with collaborative efforts between school and public libraries
- Ability to work with diverse groups in a team environment
Staff Liaison: YALSA Executive Director