Charge: Provide oversight and continued enhancement of the Friends of YALSA program, including promotion, fundraising and donor recognition. Work with the Board and staff year-round to create and implement virtual fundraising campaigns and fundraising efforts at conferences, aimed at both members and others, to support the $19,595 worth of member scholarships and stipends YALSA gives out annually. Periodically review YALSA's Fundraising Toolkit and make updates, as needed. Term: July 1, through June 30
Size - 1 chair, who sits ex-officio on the YALSA board, and a least one member from the previous year.
Committee Size: 1 chair, who sits ex-officio on the YALSA board, and 6 virtual members, including at least one member from the previous year.
Term: July 1 through June 30
- Current membership in YALSA
- To accomplish year-round work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of digital tools, including but not limited to Google docs, Skype and ALA Connect.
- Marketing skills, including use of social media
- Fundraising and/or donor recognition experience
- Good interpersonal and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
Staff Liaison: LaMoya Burks