Rates start as low as $59! What is included with registration?
- Opening session on Friday evening
- Book Blitz on Saturday evening with light refreshments, up to five free books, and the chance to meet dozens of authors
- Concurrent sessions on Saturday from 8:30am-5pm, and 8:30am-1:00pm on Sunday, with the option to register for additional events Friday
- Closing session on Sunday feat. a cash prize drawing and a chance to win $1,500 for your teen programming idea
- Attendees will have access to a free webinar
- A certificate of participation with your contact hours (to receive the certificate, there will be a sign up sheet on site)
- Refreshment breaks mid morning on Saturday and Sunday and an afternoon break on Saturday
- A symposium bag
- A badge holder, sponsored by
Please download and send both pages of the paper registration form If you are:
- paying with a check or purchase order
- a student but not a current student member of ALA
If you have questions about registration, contact YALSA Program Officer Nichole O'Connor at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4387 or at email@example.com. Badge pickup: All badges will need to be picked up onsite in Pittsburgh at symposium check-in, beginning Friday morning.
The workshop will focus on:
- why the role of teens must shift from consumers of library-driven activities to developers/implementers of library events and co-designers of digitally rich learning experiences;
- how practices designed by Yip, for gathering direct input from teens when designing learning experiences, relate to library practices and how Yip’s “co-design lessons” can be modified for use in library sponsored teen events;
- how, through collaboration between Seattle Public Library’s Rubio and University of Washington iSchool, teens are involved in providing insight and inspiration into what makes successful connected learning environments with digital media;
- why, via tools such as Velasquez’s “matrix of teen participation”, it is vital and possible to make integration of youth voice quantifiable, reportable and an organizational goal
Early Bird Rate runs April 1-September 15, 2016.
$199 YALSA Personal Member
$199 Pennsylvania Library Association Members
$199 Pennsylvania School Librarians Association Members
$249 ALA Personal Member
$59 Students (enrolled full-time in a library program)
Advanced registration runs September 16 - October 13, 2016.
$249 YALSA Personal Member
$249 Pennsylvania Library Association Members
$249 Pennsylvania School Librarians Association Members
$299 ALA Personal Member
$59 Student (enrolled full-time in a library program)
Onsite fees apply to registrations made on or after October 14, 2016.
$279 YALSA Personal Member
$279 Pennsylvania Library Association Members
$279 Pennsylvania School Librarians Association Members
$329 ALA Personal Member
$79 Student Member (enrolled full-time in a library program)
Are you coming to the symposium this fall? Are you a speaker or presenter? Show your pride with downloadable badges for your blog or website!
Use this code with your image: <a title="I'm attending the 2016 YA Services Symposium!" href="http://www.ala.org/yalsa/yasymposium">
Use this code with your image: <a title="I'm presenting at the 2016 YA Services Symposium!" href="http://www.ala.org/yalsa/yasymposium">