- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
Library staff play an important role in helping teens to gain skills, comfort, and confidence in making decisions and having discussions related to social justice, equity, and race. In this webinar you'll have the chance to learn about how to help teens recognize their abilities in this area.
- Understand how to help teens gain the skills to effectively converse with peers and adults about social justice, equity, and race.
- Know how to articulate to the community the value of supporting teen skills, knowledge, competence, and confidence in the areas of social justice, equity, and race.
- Know where to find more information to better serve teens in a culturally competent way
Who Should Attend
- Library staff working with teens in school and/or public libraries
- Staff in informal learning environments that work with teens
- Library school students
- Administrators working with staff to develop teen initiatives
PresenterAmita Lonial is currently a Principal Librarian at San Diego County Library System. Prior to becoming a librarian she spent 8 years in the non-profit sector advocating for racial and social justice. She is passionate about the role libraries play in creating resilient and equitable communities.
YALSA Members: Free
Non-Members: Available for purchase on the Webinars On Demand page 24 hours after the live recording.
How to Register
YALSA members may register for this webinar on the Members Only Webinar Registration page (Login required.) Non-members may purchase the webinar on the Webinars On Demand page 24 hours after the live recording.
The webinar will be hosted using the Zoom platform. Zoom allows participants to join the session using a webcam and computer or phone for audio, via their app for Andrioid and iOS devices, and via phone only. To learn how to get started with Zoom and MAC and PC systems requirements visit the software's Getting Started web pages. After registering for the session you'll receive full login information.