Please note: This grant is not currently being offered at this time.
The Teen Summer Intern Grant helps teens build job skills while helping libraries implement their summer learning efforts! Read this teen's blog post about her intern experience. YALSA will award $1,000 to each of 25 libraries for the purpose of hiring summer teen interns to assist with summer reading activities. Through this grant project YALSA has also developed a Teen Intern Toolkit.
To determine if you are eligible, you must answer yes to the following questions:
- Is your summer learning program administered through a library?
- Is your program open to all teens in the community?
- Do you work directly with teens?
- Are you a personal member of YALSA?
- Is your library within 20 miles of a Dollar General store?
This grant is not currently being offered at this time. Please check back in the future. When available, official application announcements will be made via a press release.
Looking for summer reading/learning resources? Visit our wiki page.
Questions? Contact Anna Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org