The 17th annual National Friends of Libraries Week will be held Oct. 16-22, 2022. Two Friends groups will be awarded $250 each in honor of their celebrations during the week. The deadline for applications is Dec. 2, 2022; all applications must be submitted electronically. Apply now
With the support of the Lana and Michael Porter Foundation, five Friends Groups were awarded $250 each in honor of their celebrations in 2007, 2008, and 2009. From 2010 to 2018, two groups were awarded $250 each.
Award application criteria:
1. Applicants must provide a summary of all activities and efforts in conjunction with the celebration of National Friends of Libraries Week, Oct. 16-22, 2022. Summary should address the key points mentioned in #5 below.
2. Your entry materials must include the information below completed in full and the Permission to Reprint form.
3. Supporting materials (press releases, photographs, clippings, promotional materials) may be included.
4. All entries and supporting materials may be used by United for Libraries in publications and promotions (Permission to Reprint form must be submitted with this application).
5. Applications will be judged on the following:
- Creativity and innovation.
- Engagement of Friends, library staff, Trustees, and/or advisory committee.
- Recognition/promotion of Friends group.
Download the required Permission to Reprint form for your application.
Entries must be received by Fri. Dec. 2, 2022. Submit an application for the National Friends of Libraries Week Awards here.
Learn more about award winners: