The 16th annual National Friends of Libraries Week will be held Oct. 17-23, 2021. Two Friends groups will be awarded $250 each in honor of their celebrations during the week.
With the support of the Lana and Michael Porter Foundation, five Friends Groups were awarded $250 each in honor of their celebrations in 2007, 2008, and 2009. From 2010 to 2018, two groups were awarded $250 each.
Award application criteria:
1. Applicants must be current Friends group members valid through Jan. 31, 2022--groups who are not current members are still eligible to apply, provided they become a member before or at the time of application. Personal members are not eligible to apply. If you are uncertain of your eligibility, please contact United for Libraries prior to preparing your entry at email@example.com. All applications must be submitted electronically.
2. Applicants must provide a 1-page minimum (2-page maximum) summary of all activities and efforts in conjunction with the celebration of National Friends of Libraries Week, Oct. 17-23, 2021. Summary should address the key points mentioned in #6 below.
3. Your entry materials must include the information below completed in full and the Permission to Reprint form.
4. Supporting materials (press releases, photographs, clippings, promotional materials) may be included.
5. All entries and enclosures may be used by United for Libraries in exhibits, and may be published in The Voice or other United for Libraries publications (Permission to Reprint form must be submitted with this application).
6. Applications will be judged on the following:
- Creativity and innovation.
- Involvement of Friends, library staff, Trustees, and/or advisory committee.
- Recognition of Friends group.
- Promotion of Friends group to the community.
Download the required Permission to Reprint form for your application.
Entries must be received by Fri. Dec. 3rd, 2021. Submit an application for the National Friends of Libraries Week Award here.
Learn more about award winners: