The United for Libraries Awards for Innovation sponsored by Baker & Taylor recognize Friends groups and library Foundations for outstanding efforts to support their library. Three groups will be recognized for a specific, outstanding project culminating within the previous 18 months prior to application, and each will receive $1,000. Applications are judged on the following:
- Planning: Friends/Foundation, library, and community involvement, use of resources, appropriateness of the activity, and measurable goals and objectives.
- Implementation: Use of resources, public relations, task monitoring, and broad membership involvement.
- Evaluation: Assessment of activity or program, measurable results.
- Innovation: New idea or implementation, creative involvement of people, fresh use of public relations.
- Community Involvement: Broad support by the community in planning and implementation.
Entries must be received by Oct. 14, 2022.
Download the Permission to Reprint form
Learn more about award winners:
2017 2016 2015 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000