Explore ALA's clearinghouse of funding sources for libraries. Funding opportunities are listed by source and sorted by deadline date.
Funding opportunities are removed from the listings below once their deadline has passed.
ALA Funding Opportunities
Deadline: April 21, 2022
The ALA COVID Library Relief Fund will assist public, school, academic, tribal, and correctional libraries across the United States and US Territories that have experienced substantial economic hardship due the coronavirus pandemic, which has impacted their ability to serve their community, especially traditionally underserved populations.
The Fund has 1.55 million dollars and will provide grants of $20,000 to libraries/library systems/districts that have seen a substantial reduction in funding that has and will continue to impact their ability to provide essential services through December 31, 2022.
Federal Funding Opportunities
Deadline: March 1, 2022
This program is designed to assist Native American tribes in improving core library services for their communities. Reflecting IMLS’s agency-level goals of championing lifelong learning, strengthening community engagement, and advancing collections stewardship and access, the goals for this program are to:
- Improve services for learning and accessing information in a variety of formats to support needs for education, workforce development, economic and business development, health information, critical thinking skills, digital literacy skills, and financial literacy, and other types of literacy skills.
- Enhance the skills of the current library workforce and leadership through training, continuing education, and opportunities for professional development.
Corporate/Private Funding Opportunities
Deadline: TBD (grant announced May 12, 2022)
These grants support the creation or expansion of summer reading programs. Local nonprofit organizations, schools and libraries are eligible to apply if their programs meet the following criteria:
- Target Pre-K – 12th grade students who are new readers
- Target below grade level readers
- Assist readers with learning disabilities