If you have ever wanted to host authors at your library, or perhaps attract bigger names, then this webinar is for you. Learn the ins and outs of getting ideas for authors, finding out when they're on tour, pitching publicists, and how best to follow up. Improve the vivaciousness of your author line up and host events that will have your patrons talking for months!
Download these accompanying tools:
- About Connections
- Host Authors at Your Library PowerPoint presentation
- Sample Pitches for Author Events
- About Publicity at Princeton Public Library
LEARN MORE: "Perfect Pitch: Publishers' Tips for Hosting an Author Visit" on ALA's Programming Librarian website
- Listen to the ins and outs of hosting authors at your library
- Learn how to bring life to your author line up and create events that will keep your patrons excited.
Who Should Attend
This program is beneficial for everyone.
- Erin Shea is the supervisor of the Harry Bennett and Weed Memorial branches of the Ferguson Library in Stamford, CT. Previously, she was head of adult programming at Darien Library in Darien, Conn., where she managed over 400 programs annually, including author events, film screenings, computer classes, music concerts, hands-on workshops and more. She co-chairs ALA's Programming Librarian Interest Group (PLIG), founded in 2014, along with Janie Hermann. She is a memoir columnist for Library Journal and a 2014 Library Journal Mover & Shaker.
- Janie Hermann, public programming librarian at the Princeton Public Library in New Jersey, oversees the 2,000+ public programs put together by the amazing team she considers privileged to work with. In 2010 she organized TEDxNJLibraries and has since organized another eight TEDx events under the TEDxPrincetonLibrary license. She co-chairs ALA's Programming Librarian Interest Group (PLIG), founded in 2014, along with Erin Shea and was named a Mover & Shaker by Library Journal in 2007. Janie’s spare time is spent at hockey rinks cheering on her son or her beloved Toronto Maple Leafs when they are nearby.
How to Register
YouTube Access and speakers/headphones