Do you want to upgrade the technology in your library, but you don't have any money to do so? It's a pretty common problem, and in their new workshop, Maurice Coleman and Robin Hastings will show you how to take your tech to the next level without breaking the bank, or in some cases reduce your spending.
Whether you planning to attend or not, check out this reading list they created. Some items are available for free on the web, some require payement or subscriptions. No matter what type of library you're at, you should be able to find something helpful in this list!
- The Transforming Public Library Technology Infrastructure - ALA Office for Research and Statistics
- Hope, Hype and VoIP: Riding the Library Technology Cycle, by Char Booth
- Disaster Response and Planning for Libraries, Third Edition, Miriam B. Kahn
- Without a Net: Librarians Bridging the Digital Divide Jessamyn West’s book.
- The Atlas of New Librarianship
- ALA Advocacy Course Turning The Page 2.0
- PDF file Confronting the Future: Strategic Visions for the 21st Century Public Library
- Joy of Computing - Planning For Success - http://techsoupforlibraries.org/cookbooks/planning-for-success (Maintaining and Sustaining Technology Chapter)
- Technology Planning Made Easy - http://dlis.dos.state.fl.us/bld/library_tech/TechnologyPlanningMadeEasy.doc
- Cloud-based ILS (OCLC) - http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/home/885999-264/with_u_of_tennessee_rollout.html.csp