We just wrapped up David Lee King’s ALA TechSource Workshop Facebook in the Library: Enhancing Services and Engaging Users. We had some great discussion during the event--here are some more questions to discuss. Whether you attended or not, feel free to join the conversation!
Questions from Today’s Event:
- What are key issues for deciding whether a library should have multiple Facebook pages, that is for different audiences, like children and families, or branches?
- Do you need to reach a certain level of followers or fans before Event pages make sense?
- What are your thoughts on offering reference service through Facebook?
The Preliminary Readings from Today’s Event:
- Facebook for Libraries - http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/features/05272011/facebook-libraries
- https://blog.facebook.com/ - follow along with Facebook as they make changes
- http://www.marismith.com/mari-smith-blog/ - Great blog about using Facebook and other social media tools for business (works for libraries too)
- http://www.allfacebook.com/ - another great blog about using Facebook
Facebook in the Library: Enhancing Services and Engaging Users