Users often experience that site maps are out of date. To correct this issue, confirm that settings automatically clear the cache on a daily basis.
If the cache is not set to clear daily, follow these instructions:
- Click the “Login” user menu link and log in as the Admin User.
- Navigate to “Configuration” tab.
- Locate the “Search and Metadata” section.
- Click on the “XML sitemap” link.
- Click on the “Settings” tab.
- Under the “Minimum sitemap lifetime” dropdown, change the value from “No minimum” to 1 day
- Click on “Save Configuration”
- If you want to update the sitemap manually as opposed to waiting for the next cron cycle.
- Click on “List” Tab.
- Click the dropdown under “Update Options.”
- Select “Update cached files” and click “Update.”
- Visit the sitemap link to verify it was updated.
- Finally if the sitemap still does not regenerate, check that Drupal Cron is configured correctly on the server.