To place Blocks through the Blocks user interface, follow these steps:
- Log in and click the “Structure” link in the admin menu.
- Click the “Blocks” link and click on desired block.
- Use the region settings dropdown menu to determine block placement:
- First Sidebar (the left-most column)
- Above Content (appears above the node in the center content column)
- Below Content
- Second Sidebar (the right-most column, which is only shown when a block is placed there.)
- In the “Pages” tab, navigate to “Show Blocks on Specific Pages”
- Specify pages where your block should appear using their path. If you’d like your block to show up on all pages with a specific path, use the asterisk (*) symbol following the relevant path. If you're working on the PLA site, and you want your block to appear on ala.org/pla/test for example, select Only on the listed pages, and in the box, enter: “test”. The asterisk wildcard works (e.g. test/*) but exclusions do not. If you need greater flexibility in block placement, use the “Context” user interface, as elucidated below.