ALA Website Maintenance 11/4 through 11/6
ALA IT will be performing scheduled maintenance to improve your member experience at ALA.org the weekend of November 4th.
Starting at 3pm (Central Time) on Friday, November 4th through Sunday, November 6th you will be unable to log into ALA websites to make purchases, post to the Connect community, or register for professional development. All publicly available content will be accessible during the maintenance window.
We expect all services to be fully restored no later than Monday, November 7th.
What we are doing
After maintenance is complete, you will have a more secure login experience with updated password complexity requirements plus access to “My ALA” – a new account portal where you can easily track your membership details.
What you can do now to prepare for these changes
- Take care of any transactions, registrations, or information downloads before November 4th.
- Update your password to meet the new minimum requirements
- Create a password at least 7 characters long
- Include at least one alpha and one numeric character
- If your password does not meet the new minimum requirements after this maintenance is complete, you will be required to change it on your next login
For more information on the new “My ALA” experience, please see our demo video here:
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an improved experience while you’re logged in at ALA.org.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued membership.