The Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) is excited to host its 2nd Annual Virtual Forum scheduled for March 28 & 30, 2023. Registration is open here!
The Forum Theme is: Reference and User Services Re-Imagined Reference and User Services Librarians constantly reinvent themselves in order to stay relevant in today's libraries. They are at work every day and on the front line interacting with patrons. But they can feel undervalued in their libraries, with resources and attention given to emerging technologies and programs for which they, nevertheless, provide support and instruction. We will share what Reference and User Services Librarians are doing to make their services known and their voices heard. What are they doing that is new and different in re-imaging services for the next generation of library users? #RUSAForum23
The purpose of the Virtual Forum is to showcase the work of our sections and interest groups.
Sections and Interest Groups highlighted are:
- Business Reference and Services Section (BRASS);
- Collection Development and Evaluation Section (CODES) ;
- Emerging Technologies Section (ETS);
- History Section (HS);
- Reference Services Section (RSS); and
- Sharing and Transforming Access to Resources Sections (STARS).
- First Year Experience Interest Group
Register here today!
Opening Keynote Session Presenter- Dr. Nicole A.Cooke , PH.D., M.E.D., MLS
Additional topics include:
- One for the History Books: Drafting Guidelines for Secondary Source Literacy for History
- Achievement Unlocked!: Video Game Collection Development and Reference for Libraries
- Framing Our Work: Mapping Threshold Concepts to the Reference Interview
- STARS Access to Resources- Course Reserves & Streaming Media
- Reimagining business outreach and instruction; Just do it!
- Wrangling Institutional Advisory Efforts: How One Public Library System Created a Platform for All Format, All Ages Advisory Services
- Reimagining Library Learning Experiences for Novice Undergraduate Students
-Accessibility: Its Easier than you Think!
Speakers: Check out our full list of speakers here!
Who should attend:
This virtual event is for all types of library workers in reference, user services, adult readers advisory and collection development as well as resource sharing, genealogy and archives, business reference and reference technology.
The RUSA Virtual Forum will be hosted on Whova! Check out the user guide here!
Register here today!!
Not a member of RUSA! Join today!