This award is given to recognize exceptional service to patients, to the home bound, to people of all ages who live in group homes or residences, and to inmates, as well as to recognize professional leadership, effective interpretation of programs, pioneering activity, and significant research of experimental projects.
To nominate a librarian, complete the nomination form.
Questions should be directed to the committee chair.
- 2021 Catherine G. Zimmerman
- 2020 Nili Ness, Outreach, Queens Public Library
- 2019 Heather Pelham, Public Services Librarian, Georgetown County Library System, SC
- 2018 St Charles Public Library, Ouutreach Services Department
- 2017 No award presented
- 2016 Marshes of Glynn Library System, Brunswick, GA
- 2015 Mary Morgan, Kentucky Department of Corrections, Luther Luckett Correctional Facility
- 2014 Mary Beth Riedner, volunteer at the Gail Borden Public Library District
- 2013 No Award presented
- 2012 Kathleen Hegarty
- 2011 Hennepin County Library Outreach Services
- 2007 Diana Reese
- 2006 Johnson County Library, Kansas – Outreach Services Department
- 2005 Queens Public Library
- 2004 Miami-Dade Public Library System
- 2002 Michael Gunde
- 2001 Linda Lucas Walling
- 1999 – Rangashri Kishore