- 1:00 PM-2:30 PM (Eastern)
- 12:00 PM-1:30 PM (Central)
- 11:00 AM-12:30 PM (Mountain)
- 10:00 AM-11:30 AM (Pacific)
The changes in gender relations around the world have been astounding in the past fifty years. These changes have involved contradictory developments involving both forward movement and backlash. Different currents in feminist theory have also responded to these changes in different ways.
Part One will take up non-fiction collection development on the following topics:
- The COVID-19 Pandemic, the #MeToo Movement, the Reproductive Rights Movement
- Twenty-First Century Authoritarianism and Feminist Responses to it
- Feminist Theories of Social Reproduction
- Feminist Theories of Alienation
By the end of this webinar, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the contradictory developments in gender relations around the world in the past four decades
- Become familiar with the literature representing different currents in feminism today and how have they responded to the changes in gender relations
- Develop collections and programs that reflect these changes and currents
Who Should Attend
This webinar is for all library staff as the issue of gender relations and feminist analyses of those relations is relevant to all because gender relations affect every aspect of human life.
Frieda Afary, Philosophy M.A., M.L.I.S., is an Iranian American public librarian, translator, and author of Social Feminism: A New Approach (Pluto, 2022). She is the 2023-2024 co-chair of PEN America's Translation Committee.
Individual registration rates are as follows:
- RUSA members: $46.61
- ALA members: $71.10
- ALA student members: $37.12
- Non-members: $79.00
How to Register
This webinar will be offered using Zoom. Speakers or a headset for listening to the presentation are required. Closed captioning is available in the Zoom platform. You may interact with the presenter and ask questions through text-based chat. The webinar will be recorded and the link to the recording shared with registrants shortly after the live event.
For questions or additional information, pleas contact Ninah Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about your registration should be directed to email@example.com
Technical questions about the webinar should be directed to Ninah Moore, RUSA Program Officer-Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to your participation!