The Professional Resources Committee provides oversight of the maintenance and development of all RUSA Standards and Guidelines and provides support in the development of Recommendations. This includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Confirms Standards, Guidelines, and Recommendations documents (hereafter, documents) conform to any required formats or templates
- Monitors existing RUSA Standards, Guidelines and Recommendations documents, and
- Tracks when documents are due for revision, and notifies responsible bodies
- Manages review process, and
- May recommend revision or sunsetting of documents to the RUSA Board
- Provides advice and support for document development and revision, especially for Standards and Guidelines
- Guides and monitors the solicitation of public comment, including facilitating open hearings, maintaining a feedback form, and liaising with RUSA Office
- Organizes, maintains and archives of the relevant pages on the RUSA website
- Ensures that sunsetted documents and superseded versions of documents are stored in the ALA Institutional Repository
- Maintains a manual of policies and procedures related to the development of standards within RUSA
Displaying active committee roster as of 03/26/2023. Last retrieved on 03/26/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
Find us in Connect
Find this committee in ALA Connect (log-in required):
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on RUSA and section committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place between Midwinter and Annual conferences. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1, with the exception of the award committees whose work takes place from February to January.
Training and Events Coordinator