Resources listed on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of IRTF, SRRT, or ALA.
Alternative News, Analysis, and Commentary
- Al-Jazeera America ". . . an American news channel reporting unbiased, fact-based and in-depth journalism that gets you closer to the people at the heart of the news."
- AlterNet.org ". . . a project of the Independent Media Institute, a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening and supporting independent and alternative journalism."
- Common Dreams ". . . a diverse mix of breaking news, insightful views, videos and press releases covering issues that resonate with progressives in every corner of the globe."
- Democracy Now ". . . a national, daily, independent, award-winning news program hosted by journalists Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez."
- Electronic Intifada ". . . an independent online news publication and educational resource focusing on Palestine, its people, politics, culture and place in the world."
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting FAIR works "to invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and by scrutinizing media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints."
- Flashpoints Radio ". . . an award-winning daily investigative newsmagazine broadcast on the national Pacifica Radio network."
- Foreign Policy in Focus "Connecting the research of more than 600 scholars, advocates, and activists seeking to make the United States a more responsible global partner."
- Jadaliyya ". . . provides a unique source of insight and critical analysis that combines local knowledge, scholarship, and advocacy with an eye to audiences in the United States, the Middle East and beyond."
- Mondoweiss ". . . a news website devoted to covering American foreign policy in the Middle East, chiefly from a progressive Jewish perspective."
- New Politics "New Politics is committed to the advancement of the peace and anti-intervention movements. It stands in opposition to all forms of imperialism."
- Palestine Chronicle ". . . strives to highlight issues of relevance to human rights, national struggles, freedom and democracy in the form of daily news, commentary, features, book reviews, photos, art, and more."
- War Times "Bringing a race, class, and gender perspective to issues of war and peace."
- ZNet Mideast Watch "Providing alternative news and analysis of the Israel-Palestine conflict and related issues."
Organizations Concerned with the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Alternative Information Center ". . . a joint Palestinian-Israeli organisation promoting justice, equality and peace for Palestinians and Israelis."
- B'Tselem, the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories ". . . endeavors to document and educate the Israeli public and policymakers about human rights violations in the Occupied Territories, combat the phenomenon of denial prevalent among the Israeli public, and help create a human rights culture in Israel."
- Faculty for Israeli-Palestinian Peace ". . . a network of university faculty endeavoring to achieve peace in the Middle East."
- Gush Shalom "The primary aim of Gush Shalom is to influence Israeli public opinion and lead it towards peace and reconciliation with the Palestinian people."
- If Americans Knew ". . . an independent research and information-dissemination institute, with particular focus on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, U.S. foreign policy regarding the Middle East, and media coverage of this issue."
- International Solidarity Movement ". . . a Palestinian-led movement of Palestinian and International activists working to raise awareness of the struggle for Palestinian freedom and an end to Israeli occupation."
- Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions "ICAHD is a human rights and peace organisation dedicated to ending the prolonged Israeli Occupation over the Palestinians."
- Jerusalem Fund ". . . a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC that does educational and humanitarian work on behalf of Palestinians, particularly those living in the Occupied Territory and surrounding refugee camps."
- Jewish Voice for Peace "JVP is a diverse and democratic community of activists inspired by Jewish tradition to work together for peace, social justice, and human rights. We support the aspirations of Israelis and Palestinians for security and self-determination."
- Librarians and Archivists with Palestine ". . . a network of self-defined librarians, archivists, and information workers in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle for self-determination."
- Palestine Solidarity Campaign ". . . established to campaign for Palestinian rights, including the right to self-determination and the right of return, and to oppose Israel’s occupation and violations of international law."
- Palestinian BDS National Committee "The global movement for a campaign of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against Israel until it complies with international law and Palestinian rights was initiated by Palestinian civil society in 2005, and is coordinated by the Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC), established in 2007."
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights ". . . an independent legal body based in Gaza City dedicated to protecting human rights, promoting the rule of law, and upholding democratic principles in the Occupied Palestinian Territories."
- Refuser Solidarity Network "RSN builds support for, seeks to increase the visibility of, and educates the public about the Israeli refuser movements, with the objective of working together with refusers to end Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories."
- Stop the Wall ". . . considers the Wall as an integral project of Israel's occupation, colonialism and apartheid and hence understands the struggle against the Wall as part of the overall effort of the Palestinian people to achieve self-determination, equality and the return of the refugees."
- U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation ". . . works to end U.S. support for Israel's occupation of the Palestinian West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem."
Resolutions, Petitions, Demonstrations and Other Activities
- Librarians, Archivists, and Information Workers Call for End of Siege on Gaza Adopted by Librarians and Archivists with Palestine, July 31, 2014.
- Support Israeli Conscientious Objectors "War Resisters' International supports nonviolent resisters in Palestine and Israel. We are in solidarity with conscientious objectors and those who refuse to participate in the Israeli army."
- Resolution on the Destruction of Palestinian Libraries, Archives, and Other Cultural Resources Adopted by SRRT Action Council, June 15, 2002.
- Resolution on the Destruction of Palestinian Libraries, Archives, and Other Cultural Institutions Adopted by ALA Council, June 19, 2002.