Friday, June 24
- SRRT All Task Force Meeting & Annual Membership Meeting, 7:30pm – 9:30pm, Marriott Marquis, Archives
Saturday, June 25
- SRRT Action Council Meeting I, 8:30am – 10:00am, Washington Convention Center, 204C
- ALA Membership Meeting (combined with the Information Session for Members, Councilors, and Executive Board), 10:00am – 11:30am, Marriott Marquis, Liberty Ballroom – see more below
US-Iran Relations in the Biden Era, 2:30pm – 3:30pm, Washington Convention Center, 145B
Trita Parsi joins SRRT for a discussion on current events and how it affects the library community.
Sunday, June 26
- Libraries, Free Speech, and Anti-Boycott Laws, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, Washington Convention Center, 147B
Tom Twiss from SRRT, Alan Leveritt, publisher of the Arkansas Times, and Luna Martinez from the Center for Constitutional Rights discuss the direct effect on free speech for libraries, and on free speech more generally, of recent anti-boycott laws.
- SRRT Action Council Meeting II, 2:30pm – 3:30pm, Washington Convention Center, 204C
- Progressive Librarians Guild (PLG) Meeting, 4:00pm – 5:00pm, Washington Convention Center, 204C
Join members of the Progressive Librarians Guild at our annual meeting. PLG exists to provide a forum for the open exchange of radical views on library issues.
- PLG / Braverman Dinner, Sunday, June 26, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m, Baan Siam, 425 I Street Northwest, Washington DC
PLG members and friends are cordially invited to attend the 2022 Progressive Librarians Guild / Miriam Braverman Prize Dinner in Washington DC. This year's Miriam Braverman Prize is given to Daniel Clarkson Fisher for his essay "A Promised (but Ultimately Unreachable) Land."
ALA Membership Meeting
The Membership Meeting is an opportunity for all ALA members – whether registered for the conference or not – to participate in the governance of the association. Your participation is key if resolutions introduced by SRRT are to be sent to ALA Council. Recent examples of successful resolutions include the Resolution Calling for Student Loan Cancellation, passed at the May 2022 virtual membership meeting, 2020's Resolution Ensuring Intellectual Freedom and the Right to Peacefully Assemble at ALA Conferences and Meetings and the 2019 Resolution on Renaming the Melvil Dewey Medal (see them all here https://www.ala.org/rt/srrt/resolutionsarchive).
SRRT-endorsed resolutions that need your support at Annual 2022: