- You have to be a member of ALA and GLBTRT to volunteer
Use the ALA Committee Volunteer Form to volunteer for committees that interest you
Visit the Committees pages to learn more about each committee:
Log in to the site (top right link) to see contact information (refresh the page to see contact information)
- Contact committee chairs with questions about committee work
- You can apply anytime that the ALA RRT Volunteer System is open:
- Over the Rainbow Book List Committee, Rainbow Project Committee, and Stonewall Book Award Committee applications are generally accepted August 1 to October 1.
- All other GLBTRT Committees are considered between October 1 and June 30.
- The chair and chair-elect of the RRT make appointments:
- Contact them with any questions about the process
Keep in Mind that . . .
- Committee members serve two year terms
- Committee chairs serve one year terms
- Committee appointments typically start and end July 1 annually
- Functional committees may have room for volunteers at anytime:
- Ad hoc Committees
- Bylaws Committee
- External Relations Committee
- Fund Raising Committee
- Membership Promotion Committee
- News Committee
- Program Planning Committee
- Web Committee
- Over the Rainbow Book List Committee, Rainbow Book List Committee, and Stonewall Book Award Committee appointments are made in the fall and appointments start and end Feb 1 annually