2015-2016 Topic Schedule:
- Challenges or obstacles people face with providing a service or a resource that may be non-traditional, and what they did to work around that challenge.
- Live Chat: Free MOOCs and their place (if they have one) in continuing LIS education
- Ways that different library departments are collaborating to learn from each other and to make us all more knowledgeable about our collections so we can better serve our readers.
- Dealing with "we-already-tried that" and "that-will-never-work" essentially, colleagues who are not interested in, or actively hostile to, new ideas on the job
- Live Chat: Staff Training: Effective training for new staff members is essential to the success of employees and continuing efficient library operations.
- While MLS programs tend to focus on paid databases, not every library has the resources to subscribe to these. What are some of your go-to free reference resources? What 3 free resources do you think every librarian should have bookmarked to answer questions?
- Live Chat: Waiting to Exhale: What To Do While You Job Search
- Programs/activities that invite people to have “disruptive fun” in the library, i.e. games during exam week, exercise classes in the library, library raves, etc.