1. Office Name: President
2. Office Term (Date: Ex. 2004-2005): 2004-2005
3. How do you plan to help committees address the four NMRT goals? (If it does not apply, put N/A.)
I will work with the Executive Board to help develop the current and future leaders of NMRT. My presidential theme is Ladders to Leadership and I have talked to all the committee chairs about ways to utilize the theme. I will also work with committees to develop programs and activities which incorporate the theme.
4. How do you plan to create a positive committee experience? What type of support do you plan to provide to chairs and committee members, and how often do you plan to provide such support?
Communication is important. I will follow the example of Beth Kraemer ( NMRT President 2003-2004) and schedule weekly meetings with the NMRT officers. It is important that I distribute information early and provide sufficient input so that committee chairs and officers do not feel uncertain about how to proceed. I will respond to any questions in a timely manner. I view the role of President as understanding the overall workings of the organization. I will help solve any problems and let the officers and committee chairs take charge of their assignments and responsibilities.
5. What future directions do you see your office or NMRT needing to take this year or the following year? What kind of strategies do you envision for addressing projects that affect committees outside of your supervision?
NMRT needs to continue to find ways to keep members active and involved. This year I have created an ad hoc organizational review committee. The purpose is to examine every committee, make sure the committee has a role, and that the committees are meeting the needs of NMRT members. The review should be finished by the Midwinter Meeting and a report submitted to the Executive Board. The Executive Board will determine a course of action based on the recommendations of the ad hoc committee.
6. Date of report: September 14, 2004
7. Submitted by: Sally Gibson