To manage the NMRT Archives, which includes the gathering, preservation, and provision of access to NMRT documentation in paper and electronic formats. To establish a comprehensive records management plan, facilitated by policies and guidelines, which can be implemented and modified as needed.
Displaying active committee roster as of 11/30/2022. Last retrieved on 11/30/2022. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- 1972-1976: The first archivist is concerned with NMRT activities.
- 1977: Archives Committee is established.
- 1981: Archives Committee is disbanded.
- 1985: Archives Committee is reinstated with one archivist appointed.
- 2000: NMRT Executive Board votes to make Archives Committee a "standing" committee, i.e., one having a continuing life.
- 2001: (June) Two official documents, NMRT Archives Policy and NMRT Archives Policy for Electronic Documents, are drawn up and approved by NMRT Executive Board.
- 2001: (October) Document Digitization Task Force develops the NMRT Archives Database
- 2002: (January) Archives Committee term is changed to a Midwinter-to-Midwinter schedule.
- 2002: (June) Document Digitization Task Force officially absorbed by Archives Committee after ALA Annual.
- 2002: First reporting cycle (planning/progress/final reports) electronically submitted and made accessible via Archives Database.
- 2011: First reporting (progress/final reports) electronically submitted to ALA Connect and accessible through ALA Connect. Reports remain accessible via the Archives Database.
- Provide a centralized access point for committee information, policies, and procedures, which primarily involves maintaining the NMRT Archives Database.
- Determine and implement procedures and guidelines for archiving selected print and electronic documents.
- Provide access to various forms, report templates and other miscellanous documents via the NMRT Archives Database that have not already been provided in the NMRT Handbook.
- Respond to inquiries regarding archival issues related to official NMRT records.
- Maintain open communication about archival matters with NMRT Secretary and serve as the liaison to the ALA Archives at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Kimberly L. Redd, Program Manager (HRDR & ALA-APA)