Each Annual Conference, the IRRT Continuing Education Committee organizes an pre-conference for international librarian attendees.
2005 State of American Librarianship Pre-conference: Advocacy and Other Issues
$40.00. (Includes lunch)
Friday, 24 June 2005
8:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (program)
University of Illinois-Chicago
Chicago Illini Union (CIU), Chicago Room A
The ALA International Relations Round Table (IRRT) has created a special half-day pre-conference for librarians to provide them with an understanding of the current state of librarianship in the United States, advocacy and other issues. The program will also include a video web cast to other countries. Lunch following the program will be at Pompei (1531 West Taylor St.).
- Carol Brey-Casiano, President, American Library Association
- Jesus Lau, University Librarian at the Veracruzana University, Veracruz Campus, and Coordinator of the Virtual Library Project
- Kathleen Reif, Director of the St. Mary's County (Maryland) Library System
- Pat Wand, Director of American University Library, Washington D.C.
- Susan Schnuer, Assistant Director, Mortenson Center for International Library Programs, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Barbara Jones, Director of Wesleyan University Library
- Richard Griscom, Director of the Otto E. Albrecht Music Library at the University of Pennsylvania