Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2021. Last retrieved on 05/29/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
Statement of Role, Purpose, and Function
Founded in 1999, the committee's charge is to encourage the scholarly exchange of ideas on library issues between U.S. librarians and their colleagues from other countries; to develop a venue that fosters discussion and the exchange of opinion; to disseminate a global view of the library profession that will enrich and broaden the views of U.S. librarians; and to encourage our foreign colleagues to learn more about our professional associations and concerns.
Goals and Objectives
- To select a theme for the annual call for papers that reflects the focus of the presidential theme
- To announce and disseminate the call for papers
- To review and select 4-5 presenters from foreign countries who represent a wide diversity of opinions and approaches to the library
- To promote the international papers session in the conference
- To work with other ALA committees to place foreign speakers on appropriate panels
- To evaluate the success of the yearly program
The IRRT Chair-Elect will be appointing members in to IRRT committees listed below. All IRRT members are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in volunteering to serve on a committee please go to the Committee Volunteer Form (you will need your ALA login). For membership questions or having problems login in, please call the ALA Customer Service Office 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5) for more information.
Delin Guerra, Program Officer, International Relations Office, inside U.S inside U.S. (800) 545-2433, ext. 3201, outside U.S. 312-280-3201, Fax: (312) 280-4392.