The American Library Association (ALA) International Relations Round Table (IRRT) invites you to submit presentation proposals for their 2020 Pre-conference during the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois, USA, on Friday, June 26, 2020, from 8:00am - 1:00pm
The influence of libraries as social change agents has been supported by Mehra and Srinivasan (2007) who state that “libraries can enhance their function as proactive catalysts of social change” (para. 1). IFLA’s Development and Access to Information (DA2I) reports delineate how libraries are critical to the sustainable development goals set by the United Nations (2030).
- 2019 Development and Access to Information (DA2I) report
- 2017 Development and Access to Information (DA2I) report
The 2020 ALA IRRT Pre-Conference includes presentations that address libraries globally supporting social change. Topics considered are:
- Libraries as entrepreneurial hubs;
- Libraries and sustainable development;
- Libraries developing community partnerships;
- Library services to special communities (older adults, immigrants, homeless)
To submit a proposal, send an email and the attached proposal to co-chairs Gloria Creed-Dikeogu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Barbara Marson (email@example.com) by end-of-business on February 15, 2020.
Please include your name, institutional affiliation, working title, and 300 word maximum description of your presentation. Proposals and presentations must be in English.
Back to IRRT Preconference Committee