IFRT offers the perfect opportunity to get involved in intellectual freedom issues at the national level. Lots of opportunities exist for committee volunteers. Becoming an IFRT member is a great way to meet others interested in censorship and the freedom to read.
We welcome a broad range of participation. You can serve on a committee, chair a committee, participate in informal round table discussions at ALA, offer suggestions or comments at board meetings or membership meetings held at the ALA Midwinter and Annual conferences, help staff the IFRT booth at ALA, and/or assist in program planning and implementation. The options are unlimited, and we welcome your suggestions!
Check out our brochure. ALA's Office for Intellectual Freedom is happy to send you IFRT brochures for your event or conference. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include IFRT when you join ALA or renew your membership online
- Personal Members - $15
- Organizations - $20
- Student Members $5
In addition to ALA member benefits such as a subscription to American Libraries, discounts on ALA publications and graphics, member rates at conferences, voting privileges, professional support through active national programs in legislation, advocacy, intellectual freedom, standards, and research, professional development opportunities and a voice in the future of the library profession; IFRT members receive
- 50% discount to the Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy.
- Current members can contact the Office for Intellectual Freedom at 800-545-2433, x4226 or email@example.com to receive the reduced price subscription form.
- Free intellectual freedom webinars
- Vote for IFRT officers
- Volunteer opportunities on IFRT committees or run for a position on the Executive Board
- Access to the annual IFRT Report
- Monthly IFRT newsletters with updates and reminders
- Intellectual Freedom News
- Follow IFRT on social media and the hashtag #IntellectualFreedom