The Graphic Novels & Comics Round Table is always busy - this provides a lot of opportunities for you to get involved! The energy and involvement of GNCRT members is what keeps our projects running and if you have time we’d love your help.
Volunteering with the GNCRT
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with the GNCRT!
Please check out our Volunteer FAQ for more information on what committees are available and other frequent questions about volunteering.
It’s a great time to get involved with GNCRT! The 2022 - 23 Committee rosters filling up fast, but we still have available spots for the following volunteer positions:
- Membership Committee - Need: 2 Co-Chairs, 4 volunteer members
- The GNCRT Membership Committee develops promotional campaigns to showcase the work and value of the round table in order to recruit and retain GNCRT members. Special attention will be paid to recruiting and retaining student and corporate/institutional members. The committee will also develop and implement a marketing plan for GNCRT merchandise. The committee works in close collaboration with GNCRT's communications committees.
- Conventions Committee - Need: Chair
- This will be a planning and documentation year for the Conventions Committee including evaluation of the current calendar of comic conventions to recommend which GNCRT should participate in and recommendations for what level of participation (programming? meet-up? Booth? Etc.); recommendations about what that participation could / should look like, based on the capacity of the RT; suggestions or toolkit for GNCRT members to represent at their own local comic conventions. Please note: Convention attendance is not a requirement, or even an expectation, for the Chair position.
- Mentorship Exploratory Committee - Need: 2-4 volunteer members
- Volunteers are needed to help develop a mentorship network, build a community of virtual mentorship support, and create a timeline for next steps in program implementation.
Deadline extended to September 25th
Not a GNCRT Member yet? Join Now!
Library workers, educators, comics friends - join us! Visit our Membership Page to find out more.