Chicago: GNCRT at Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (Mar 22-24, 2019)
Pop-Up Library (#LibPopUp) all three days of C2E2 (including our Epic Librarian Photo) and a day of professional development panels on Friday with a Keynote speech, networking opportunities, and three library panels. New this year: two additional panels on Sunday with CE credit available.
Full GNCRT C2E2 Schedule for librarians and educators:
Mar 22-24 Pop-Up Library (#LibPopUp) at C2E2 all 3 days of the Con—visit us at booth #2063
The Collaborative Pop-Up Library is brought to you by the GNCRT and C2E2 at booth #2063 on the Show Floor. Browse the collection, enjoy a storytime, have fun with some geeky craft projects, and ask our librarians for help finding your next favorite book!
...did we mention there's the Epic Librarian photoshoot, too?
Mar 22nd (Friday) GNCRT #libcomix sponsored sessions at C2E2:
9:30-10:30am KEYNOTE: ‘The Growth of the Graphic Memoir: Lucy Knisley in Conversation with Betsy Bird (Keynote Speech)’ (Room S502A) - Kick off your day of professional programming at C2E2 with a Keynote conversation between award winning graphic author Lucy Knisley (Relish, Something New) and librarian extraordinaire Betsy Bird (Evanston Public Library and School Library Journal) as they talk comics, the growth of the graphic memoir, and Lucy's new nonfiction comic title, Kid Gloves. *PLEASE NOTE: the show floor opens at 10am to the general public, but those with Professional Badges & Speaker Badges looking to attend the Keynote will be allowed early access to the panel hall. Please enter through the main security checkpoint and look for signs directing you to the ALA Keynote. If you need additional assistance, please ask a staff member for directions. Our thanks to Lucy Knisley, Betsy Bird, and First Second.
11am-12pm Librarian / Educator Networking Session (Room S502B)—all are welcome. You do not have to be a GNCRT or ALA member to attend—bring a friend! Also, there will be giveaways for the first 50 attendees, so definitely put this on your schedule!
2:30-3:30pm Alt RA: Video Games, Apps, Music, Movies, and TV Shows as Reader's Advisory (S503)
4:15-5:15pm Get It Sorted: Keeping Collections Browse-able @ Your Library (S405B)
Mar 24th (Sunday) GNCRT #libcomix sponsored sessions at C2E2
12-1pm Be a Comic Convert: How Fans, Librarians, and Creators Get Newbies Hooked (S503) *CE credit available for attendees
3:45-4:45pm #ComicsForAll: Collection Development and Readers Advisory (S405A) *CE credit available for attendees
The Graphic Novels & Comics Round Table (GNCRT) again hosted professional #libcomix programming at C2E2 February 28-March 1, 2020 including an exciting opening keynote session with Dr. Carol Tilley plus 3 days of library outreach with the GNCRT Pop-Up Library booth #517 (#LibPopUp)
- Need assistance with your world building? Looking for something new to read? Itching to do a quick sketch for a good cause? Then stop by the GNCRT Pop Up Library at Booth #517! We'll have real life librarian superheroes on hand running activities and ready to assist with reference questions and provide suggestions for what you should read next. We’ll also be hosting attending creators to highlight the powerful relationships between creators and libraries. Follow #C2E2Lib and #LibPopUp on Twitter and Instagram to see what’s happening at the GNCRT Pop Up Library.
- Full #LibPopUp schedule of creator visits: https://www.c2e2.com/Explore/Panels/Full-Panel-Schedule/#/panelsschedule/byVenue (filter by 'Educator/Librarian')
- KEYNOTE: ‘Comics Librarianship: Censorship, Gatekeeping - and Growth’ 10:15am - 11:15am; Room S405b Dr. Carol Tilley (“Seducing the Innocent: Fredric Wertham and the Falsifications that Helped Condemn Comics”) in Conversation with GNCRT President-Elect Alea Perez; Q&A session, moderated by recent iSchool grad Ari Adkins, to follow Keynote.
- Where Do I Shelve This? 11:30am – 12:30pm; Room S405b
- Queering Comics, Queering the Future: Comics, Queerness, and the Intersectional Future 12:45pm – 1:45pm; Room S405b
- Imagining Revolutionary Worlds 2:00pm – 3:00pm; Room S503
- DIY Comics Hustle and Unite: Local Chicagoland Creators on the Rise 3:15pm – 4:15pm; Room S405b
- These Geeks Fight Fascism 4:30pm – 5:30pm; Room S405b
- It's all Geek to Me: Queer Perspectives on Classical Art and Comics 5:45 – 6:45pm; Room S405b
- Librarian Networking Session Fri Feb 28th, 3:45-4:45pm; RoomS502A Come hang out with other library superheroes! GNCRT will host a Librarian Networking Session Friday afternoon. You can chat with fellow comic loving librarians, learn more about GNCRT, and snag a swag bag filled with goodies donated by our fabulous publisher pals.