The Graphic Novels & Comics Round Table (GNCRT) Best Graphic Novels for Adults Reading List highlights the best graphic novels for adults published in a given year and it aims increase awareness of the graphic novel medium, raise voices of diverse comics creators, and aid library staff in the development of graphic novel collections.
Nominations for the 2022 Best Graphic Novels for Adults are now closed.
Check out the list of 2022 nominated titles. The final 2022 Best Graphic Novels for Adults list will be announced in January 2023.
Nominations for the 2023 Best Graphic Novels for Adults list will open in January 2023. Eligible graphic novels for the 2023 Best Graphic Novels for Adults Reading List will include all fiction and non-fiction titles published between September 1, 2022 - December 31, 2023 that appeal to adults age 19 or older. The 2023 list will be announced in January 2024. List selection will be determined by a committee of GNCRT members with a background in graphic novel selection and use for adults.
Publishers are welcome to submit copies of titles to the GNCRT Best Graphic Novels for Adults Selection Committee for review. To do so, please contact GNCRT staff liaison Tina Coleman. While publishers may submit review copies to the committee, publishers and creators may not nominate their own titles for consideration to the final list. By submitting review copies, publishers are assisting the committee with identifying potential eligible titles that may or may not be nominated for the list by committee members.
Best Graphic Novels for Adults 2022 Selection Committee
- Edward Whatley - Instruction & Research Services Librarian,Georgia College & State University Library (Committee Chair)
- Luke Burger - Student, San Jose State University
- Rachel Gagnon - Teen Services Librarian, Haverhill Public Library
- Nancy McKay - Head of Teen Services, Byron Library
- Carli Spina - Associate Professor and Head of Research & Instructional Services, SUNY's Fashion Institute of Technology
- Avi Woontner - Public and Techinical Services Librarian, Institute of American Indian Arts Library
- Elizabeth Doherty - Young Adult Librarian, Walpole Library
- Mx. Victoria Rahbar - Web Services Librarian, Hostos Community College (CUNY)
- Chloe Horning - Librarian, Bellevue College Library
- Laila Mai-Nguyen - MLIS Student, Florida State University, School of LIS
- Micki Waldrop, Brenau University (also serving as Committee Assistant)