Thanks to all the vendor/distributors who are making these special accommodations during this challenging time.
Listservs for Media Librarians sponsored by FMRT
VIDEOLIB, VIDEONEWS, and email@example.com listservs
The Videolib and Videonews listservs are open to anyone who is interested in video collections in libraries.
firstname.lastname@example.org listserv is a listserv for all current members of the FMRT.
Professional Organizations for Media Librarians
Organizations within the American Library Association
- American Association of School Librarians
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Association for Library Service to Children
- Library and Information Technology Association
- Young Adult Library Services Association
Other Professional Organizations for Media Librarians
- Association of Moving Image Archivists
Published Guidelines for Audiovisual Materials
The American Library Association's (ALA) Freedom to View Statement that promotes viewing as an essential freedoms and lists the five freedom to view principles supported by ALA.
These guidelines are intended for use by libraries and other agencies that provide interlibrary loans to fill study, research and information needs.
The recommended guidelines that represent best practices for an academic library media program.
Referencing the American Library Association's (ALA) Bill of Rights, this document details children's rights to have access to audiovisual materials.
Basic information about copyright issues associated with videos and libraries.