About the Coretta Scott King Programs Standing Committee
- Plan CSK Book Awards program activities excluding the CSK breakfast program.
- Work with the Breakfast Committee Chair on possible community programs during ALA Annual.
- Shall coordinate program implementation with the ALA staff liaison (Coretta Scott King Book Awards Coordinator, Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services).
- Work with the CSK Book Awards Breakfast to secure student participants in CSK Book Awards programs as necessary.
- The Chair of the Committee shall provide a report to the Committee members at the Midwinter and Annual Conferences.
- The Chair of the Committee shall transfer past records to the Committee Chair within 60 days after leaving office.
Dr. Janice Newsum (Chair, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Mrs. Oriana B. Armstrong (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Mrs. Edith Irene Ching (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Shari Melisa Fesko (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Dr. Susan Lynn Smith (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Monica L. Chapman (Primary Staff Liaison, June 30, 2019, to June 29, 2025)
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/24/2021. Last retrieved on 09/24/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
ALA Staff Liaison
ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
(800) 545-2433, ext. 4294