About the Coretta Scott King Membership Standing Committee
- (The Membership Committee Chair) serves as one of the contact persons on the CSK Book Awards website.
- (The Membership Committee Chair or designee) sends a welcome letter to each new CSK member.
- Maintain a current membership list inclusive of name, address, home and business telephone, etc.
- Devise ways to recruit new members
- Work with the Nominations Committee to verify membership for voting purposes.
- Update the membership roster by verifying CSK Book Awards Committee EMIERT membership with ALA.
- (The Membership Committee Chair) serves as the CSK membership liaison to EMIERT.
- Work closely with the CSK Technology Committee Chair to update the website regarding membership issues.
- Work closely with the CSK Book Awards Breakfast/Local Arrangements Committee Chair in each host city to solicit new members.
- Work with the Marketing Committee to promote CSK Book Awards membership.
- The Chair of the Committee shall provide an update report to the Committee membership at the Midwinter and Annual Conferences.
- The Chair of the Committee shall transfer past records to the Committee Chair within 60 days after leaving office.
Ms. Gladys Smiley Bell (Chair, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Sam Bloom (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Ms. Sabrina Carnesi (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Mrs. Sonja Gaddy (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Monica L. Chapman (Primary Staff Liaison, June 30, 2019, to June 30, 2025)
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/17/2021. Last retrieved on 10/17/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
ALA Staff Liaison
ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
(800) 545-2433, ext. 4294