About the Coretta Scott King Book Grant Standing Committee
Book Grant Standing Committee
- Establish eligibility and selection criteria for the grant.
- Develop the selection process and determine the recipients
- Develop a publicity plan to promote the program and the recipients.
- The Chair of the Committee shall provide a report to the Committee members at the Midwinter and Annual Conferences.
- The Chair of the Committee shall transfer past records to the Committee Chair within 60 days after leaving office.
Ms. Bina S. Williams (Chair, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Dr. LaKeshia NeShaun Darden (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Dr. Marguerite Worth Penick (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Mary Schreiber (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Dr. Nhora Lucia Serrano (Member, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023)
Monica L. Chapman (Staff Liaison, February 1, 2019, to June 30, 2022)
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/17/2021. Last retrieved on 10/17/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
ALA Staff Liaison
Program Coordinator, Coretta Scott King Book Awards & ODLOS Round Tables
ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1300
Chicago, IL 60601
(800) 545-2433, ext. 4297