To submit a title for consideration:
- Review the eligibility and criteria page.
- Complete the form below. Submit one form per title. Important Note: If submitting more than one title, please refresh between submissions.
- When the form has been received by ALA, an email confirmation will be sent to the contact person within two business days. All submissions must be received by the jury by December 9th, 2022 at 4pm CST.
- Follow the mailing instructions in the confirmation to submit copies to the jury and ALA office.
- Author or illustrator must live in the U.S. or maintain dual residency/citizenship.
- Book must be published in the year preceding the year the award is given, evidenced by the copyright date printed in the book. For example, books submitted for the 2023 CSK Book Awards must have the copyright date of 2022. Any books printed before 2022 will not be considered.
- Only finished copies will be accepted. Do not send advance reader copies, galleys, etc.
- ALA Staff and the CSK Jury DOES NOT give reviews or critiques on books. This includes books being submitted to the Coretta Scott King Book Awards.
- Titles submitted for the Coretta Scott King Book Awards will not be returned. Titles received by the ODLOS office are donated as part of The Coretta Scott King Book Awards Donation Grant.
- Due to supply chain issues throughout the publishing industry, digital copies of your book may be submitted if you are unable to submit a physical copy before the December 9th deadline. For more information, please contact email@example.com