KATHY S. ROSA is the director of the ALA Library and Research Center. Rosa draws on many years of experience working in a variety of libraries. She has taught information and technology skills in school and public libraries, as well as library and information science courses for graduate students. She can be reached at 312-280-4273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following ALA divisions and offices also contributed to this report.
- American Association of School Librarians
- American Libraries magazine
- Association for Library Service to Children
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Communications and Marketing Office
- Office for Accreditation
- Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
- Office for Intellectual Freedom
- Office for Research and Education
- Public Library Association
- Public Policy and Advocacy Office
- Young Adult Library Services Association
Communications and Marketing Office
American Library Association
How to cite this report
American Library Association. The State of America’s Libraries 2019: A Report from the American Library Association. Kathy S. Rosa, ed. 2019. http://www.ala.org/news/state-americas-libraries-report-2019
The American Library Association (ALA) is the foremost national organization providing resources to inspire library and information professionals to transform their communities through essential programs and services. For more than 140 years, the ALA has been the trusted voice of libraries, advocating for the profession and the library’s role in enhancing learning and ensuring access to information for all. For more information, visit ala.org.