2024 Call for SustainRT New Voices in Sustainability Conference Stipend Applications
For Immediate Release
Secretary, Awards Co-Chair
ALA Sustainability Roundtable
CHICAGO - The Sustainability Round Table's New Voices in Sustainability Conference Stipend recognizes the importance of social equity to SustainRT and ALA, and works to support new and diverse members to overcome barriers to participating in the professional development and networking opportunities presented by ALA conferences and events. SustainRT will provide registration and award a stipend of $250 to a SustainRT member to support their attendance in person at the 2024 ALA Annual Conference. The stipend can be used for expenses such as housing, meals, travel, or any other costs associated with attending the conference. New and diverse voices in library sustainability, as well as first-time conference attendees, are encouraged to apply.
All stipend applicants will receive notification in April 2024 when the winning recipient is decided. The Awards Committee will coordinate registration and the disbursement of funds with the recipient prior to the conference.
Those interested may complete the New Voices in Sustainability nomination form.
The requirements for the award winner are that they must:
● Attend the 2024 ALA Annual Conference
● Be a current SustainRT member. (Current SustainRT board members are not eligible.)
● Provide a brief bio (up to 250 words)
● Provide a statement on the role of diversity in promoting sustainability in libraries (up to 500 words).
● Applicants must complete the nomination form by March 1, 2024. The winner will be notified in March and recognized at the Sustain RT member meeting at the ALA Annual conference. The award recipient will be invited to serve on the SustainRT Awards Committee following the conference.
Not a SustainRT member? Log into your ALA Connect account and add the Sustainability Round Table to your ALA membership.
Secretary, Awards Co-Chair ALA Sustainability Roundtable
Tera Ray Awards
Co-Chair ALA Sustainability Roundtable