PLA opens registration for 2022 Virtual Conference
For Immediate Release
Public Library Association
American Library Association
CHICAGO — The Public Library Association (PLA) is offering an alternative opportunity for public library workers unable to attend the PLA 2022 Conference in Portland, Oregon. The PLA 2022 Virtual Conference schedule has been enhanced and expanded to offer live programming across all three days of the in-person conference, March 23–25. Attendees may also join a Virtual Conference Happy Hour, author interviews, and live-streams from the Opening Session with Luvvie Ajayi Jones, Big Ideas Series, and the Closing Session with Kal Penn.
The PLA 2022 Virtual Conference will offer eleven time slots of live, top-rated educational programming, with two programs to choose from in each slot. Examples, subject to change, include the following:
• BIG IDEA: A Roadmap to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access
• Clear and Kind: Building Boundaries in Outreach Work
• Creating Meaningful Connections within a Hybrid Environment
• Effective Security Strategies: Empowering Staff to Address Disruptive Behaviors
• Fostering Readers: Researched-based Literacy Activities in English/Spanish for K-3rd Graders
• Leveraging Staff Talent to Create Your Strategic Vision
• On a Dime: Pivoting to a New Summer Learning Approach
• Rising Circulation in the Time of COVID-19
• Scalable Web Accessibility Training for Library Staff in Every Position
• The Pursuit of Happiness: Community Wellbeing as a Library Outcome
Individual and group registration options are available. Advanced registration rates are available through February 18. For groups of 10 or more attendees, PLA offers a 10% discount on each individual registration. All registrants will have access to Virtual Conference programming for one year after the event. Visit the Virtual Conference website to learn more and register.
Offered biennially, the PLA Conference is the premier event for public libraries, drawing thousands of librarians, library support staff, trustees, friends and library vendors from across the country and around the world. The PLA 2022 Conference will be held March 23–25 in Portland, Ore. For complete details, visit the PLA Conference website. For more information about other PLA events and programs, contact the PLA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 545-2433, ext. 5PLA, or visit www.pla.org.
About the Public Library Association
The Public Library Association (PLA) is the largest association dedicated to supporting the unique and evolving needs of public library professionals. Founded in 1944, PLA serves nearly 10,000 members in public libraries large and small in communities across the United States and Canada, with a growing presence around the world. PLA strives to help its members shape the essential institution of public libraries by serving as an indispensable ally for public library leaders. For more information about PLA, contact the PLA office at 1 (800) 545-2433, ext. 5PLA, or email@example.com.