ALA launches new eLearning website
For Immediate Release
Director of Continuing Education
American Library Association
CHICAGO – The American Library Association today launched ALA eLearning, a new centralized web portal that brings together the most comprehensive digital collection of professional development for library and information professionals anywhere.
As the leading content provider of courses, webinars, and customized eLearning content for both library workers and library institutions of all types, ALA eLearning is designed to meet the evolving learning needs of the library and information community. The site will make it easy for individual library staff members and institutional customers to find the content they need and register for a wide range of events.
This fully accessible, mobile-friendly site offers numerous benefits, including a robust search capability and dynamic product listings. Other features include:
- Courses and webinars available in multiple digital formats to suit different learning styles, scheduling needs and varying levels of comfort with eLearning technology.
- Access to the full eLearning catalog from all ALA units, divisions and offices, as well as consistent event platforms and purchasing processes.
- The opportunity in the future to build coherent learning paths that will allow learners to track and build on previous learning and experience.
- Discounted bulk purchases that allow libraries to save money when purchasing multiple seats for webinars.
- The ALA+ Pass, which gives any member who is also a member of three or more divisions division-member pricing on all products on the eLearning site.
“ALA eLearning brings together the association’s unrivaled capacity for education, enrichment, and advancement across all library types and services,” said Tracie Hall, ALA executive director. “Our members demand content that is responsive to their needs, resonant with the communities they serve, and convenient to their schedules. We are incredibly proud to offer this new site in response to the evolution of the field and the incredible people who serve in it.”
Learners can expect to find custom content developed by ALA’s field-leading authors and instructors, highly engaging courses and a mix of free and paid webinars, on-demand events and asynchronous eCourses. For information on customized eLearning events for your institution or region, and for special rates for group, bulk or institutional partnerships, please contact ALA Continuing Education at email@example.com.
About the American Library Association
American Library Association (ALA) is the foremost national organization providing resources to inspire library and information professionals to transform their communities through essential programs and services. For more than 140 years, ALA has been the trusted voice of libraries, advocating for the profession and the library’s role in enhancing learning and ensuring access to information for all. For more information, visit ala.org.