‘United for Libraries Virtual: Trustees – Friends – Foundations’ to be held Aug. 17-19
For Immediate Release
United for Libraries
EXTON, Pennsylvania — “United for Libraries Virtual: Trustees – Friends – Foundations” will be held Aug. 17-19, 2021. Now in its second year, this interactive three-day virtual event will feature expert speakers on current topics facing library Trustees, Friends, Foundations, and staff who work with them.
Individual and group registration is available. United for Libraries members can register at a discounted rate. For details and to register, visit https://www.ala.org/united/virtual/registration.
The virtual event will allow attendees to:
- Participate in live Q&A sessions with presenters.
- Network with colleagues across the country in roundtable discussions.
- Enjoy exclusive access to keynote speakers and authors.
- Receive a certificate of attendance (for live participation or on-demand viewing).
In addition to educational programming, registrants are invited to attend the virtual Gala Author Tea sponsored by Data Axle Reference Solutions, where bestselling authors discuss their writing lives and forthcoming titles. This event will be moderated by Barbara Hoffert, editor of LibraryJournal’s Prepub Alert.
Featured program topics will include:
- What’s More Punk than the Public Library? Fundraising as a Friends Group
- Policies and Practices for LGBTQIA+ Inclusive Libraries: What Trustees Need to Know
- Auditing Diversity in Library Collections
- Advocating in Advance: Keeping Ahead of Legislation and Local Initiatives
- How to Be an Inclusive Leader: Your Role in Creating Cultures of Belonging Where Everyone Can Thrive
- Life Cycle of a Board Member - How to Build a Powerhouse Board
- and more!
United for Libraries Virtual: Trustees – Friends – Foundations is sponsored by Penguin Random House, Data Axle Reference Solutions, and Carl Bloom Associates. To view the full conference schedule and register, visit www.ala.org/united/virtual.
United for Libraries: The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations is a division of the American Library Association with approximately 4,000 personal and group members representing hundreds of thousands of library supporters. United for Libraries supports those who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries, and brings together library trustees, advocates, friends, and foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. To join, please visit www.ala.org/united or call (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161.