‘United for Libraries Virtual: Trustees – Friends – Foundations’ to be held Aug. 4-6
For Immediate Release
Manager of Marketing & Membership
United for Libraries
EXTON, Pennsylvania — “United for Libraries Virtual: Trustees – Friends – Foundations” will be held Aug. 4-6, 2020. This interactive three-day virtual event will feature expert speakers on current topics facing library Trustees, Friends, Foundations, and staff who work with them.
Registration is at no cost to United for Libraries members and those in MA, MD, MI, MT, NE, OR, SC, SD, TX. For details and to register, visit www.ala.org/united/virtual.
The virtual event will include:
- Live Q&A sessions with presenters.
- Networking opportunities with colleagues across the country via roundtable discussions.
- Exclusive access to keynote speakers and authors.
- A certificate of attendance (for live participation or on-demand viewing).
- Access to recorded programs for 12 months following the virtual event.
Program topics will include:
- Advocacy and Equity: How Library Boards Can Create Lasting Impact through Compelling Cases and Outreach
- Understanding Donor Data Analytics: Why it Matters and What You Can Do With It
- Strategies for Solving Board Problems
- Great Boards Don't Happen by Accident: A Proactive Approach to Building an Effective Board
- Working with Friends and Foundations: Playing for the Same Team
- Ask, Listen, Plan: Engaged Planning for Trustees, Directors and Other Library Leaders
To register and to access a schedule, visit www.ala.org/united/virtual.
United for Libraries: The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations is a division of the American Library Association with approximately 4,000 personal and group members representing hundreds of thousands of library supporters. United for Libraries supports those who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries, and brings together library trustees, advocates, friends, and foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. To join, please visit www.ala.org/united or call (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161.